Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Border Crossing TWO

I want to talk about alot of things, but in particular, I want you to all know that I really worked hard last week on the list. I had it hand printed in English in great detail and then, with great difficulty, I translated it all into Spanish. And I had several copies....

When we got to the Nogales border, to cross into Mexico, the truck in front of us got a red light and pulled into the stalls to the right. The light just stayed red though after that vehicle moved. So we just drove right on through and kept going. We don't know if that was a red light for us or a light just stuck on red for the driver before us. No one came screaming down the road after us.

At KM 21, aduana (mexican customs agent) was working on something with someone. They were occupied with what appeared to be a big metal object, maybe his truck transmission?
He yelled out to us only when Bill rolled down his window (I keep telling Bill to stop rolling down his window.)
Where are you going, he yelled to us. Mexico, Bill yelled back to him. I just know at this point the way Bill said it was like, duh, where else would we be going here at the US/Mexico border....I am thinking now aduana is going to come over here and hassle us. Thank God, I have this list.....I feel trouble brewing.... The agent turns back to the big piece of metal and I am yelling my head off to Bill to get going, get going, get going.... By this point I am in fear that he will want to pull over to the side and go and help them look at whatever this big metal thing is.
So, there you have it............Border crossing Two...believe it or not........me? I still can't believe it.

No comments: