Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Logs on the Fire


Monday night's brilliant sky...................


we are so lucky...............we see beautiful sunrises in the morning and amazing sunsets in the evening. I think we are living on one of the prettiest spots in Alamos. Of course, I also think everyone living here feels the same way about their own property and that is exactly part of why we are all here........




We didn't move to Mexico because it is cheaper to live here than in the states, although in alot of respects it is less expensive. We moved here to experience a different culture, a different people, different language, different cuisine, different topography, different climate, different architectural styles.........
.................and different sunrises and sunsets......





this sunset followed a day of dark clouds and possible thunderstorms, and the following morning
it was freezing cold here. My neighbor said 42 degrees at 7am, so I know it was alot colder than that at 2am when Cookies opened the bedroom door with his paws and an ice cold blast of wind swept over us like a cold blanket.
One day in 2008, January, my mother emailed me and mentioned the weatherground station reported a temperature of 31 in Alamos, Sonora, Mexico. Nope, I emailed back, not so, it's never, ever that cold there.............
I obviously did not do my research on temperature here, or I simply did.........and then promptly ignored and dismissed it.
So this is interesting, we seem to run the temperature scale; a high humidity and heat in the summer and for a brief time in the winter, dry, but extremely cold nights.
The days now are wonderful. I understand why people come here this time of the year.
Gentle breezes, cloudier skies, a milder sun........cool enough for a light sweater.
In the evening, we smell mesquite fires burning, and I envision some people sitting around their fireplaces, and others sitting, or even living outside, around their fire. The fires smell cozy and warm.
One thing I loved about living in the northwest was the winter fire in the evenings and at times, I didn't know if I could give that up. Now, that I am here and experiencing the cold, I realize that I won't have to give up that fire.
Maybe not this year, but next year we will definitely get to put the logs on the fire here in Mexico.




















1 comment:

Ian Huntington said...

What beautiful pictures. I learn a lot from your blog and glad for weather updates too. I really appreciate what you share.