Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bridge Day!

Buenas tardes. Here is the morning's sunrise. Believe me, it was breathtaking. But they are all breathtaking in this brilliant colorful way.

And I see everyone of them. Early.

I am up every morning by 4:30am. Sunrise comes a little after 6, I think. I tend to lose track of time. And we do not have a clock that works properly. In the middle of the night it changes time, on its own. I actually think maybe Senor does something to it as it is on his side of the bed. Maybe he does this in order to get more sleep. When it is 6am, the clock might read 3:10am.
We are not getting any World Cup and it has me over the edge, so I am trying to stay busy.
And since I do not have a tv full of soccer channels, I am trying to be creatively busy.
So I have put myself in paint mode, fast forward, do not stop.
Painting the cupboards in the bedroom and in the kitchen tool room is my first plan. The cupboards look exactly alike. I am just painting them with a flat latex white........that will be a lot of coats of paint.
Later I will get very creative and add a bunch of color. Maybe they will become a brilliant morning sunrise.
These cupboards will be sawed in two and moved to the closet. Senor has measured and it will be a perfect fit.

Brown cupboards.

White cupboards.

So, this afternoon, while I waited for the second coat of white paint to dry, I made some boxes.






























These are just old brown boxes I probably bought at Michael's ten years ago. Sometimes I just amaze myself when I think of what I sold, or gave away or threw away in order to make a clean move to Mexico. So I try not to think about that. Then, I see what I kept and I get all warm and fuzzy. I know that sounds mushy but then, this post today is about ME. So I get to write whatever I want. And when I found these old boxes in another bigger old dusty box, I got very excited.



Now that I have painted them and put the lids on (yes, after the paint dried), I can't get the lids off. I think they will make a nice little focal point on some shelf someday, don't you?


So now I will get back to the white cupboards and add a little yellow in the middle panels, then while that dries, who knows where the paint brush will take me?




Hey, it's a 'Bridge Day'! So, maybe I will paint the tree trunks white, Senor would probably never notice. Or I will paint a big flower on the wall of the West Wing. Or I could paint the white ceiling fans bright fuchsia or cover the bathroom wall with big yellow dots!!!!!!
There will most likely be a follow up to this! adios, linda lou!

5 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

I love the boxes, at first I was thinking you had covered them with material, very pretty.
I also really miss a lot of the craft type stuff I had to leave in Canada when we moved. So often I think, Oh I have some of that, those, whatever and then I realize that, no, I don't have all that stuff anymore. Oh well, it is fun hunting it down here, except no scrapbooking stuff here.
Have fun painting, sounds like you are having a ball.
I just went and signed up for the July art classes?? at the Casa de la Cultura. It will be interesting to see if any of the same people are there from before.
Have a good evening.

Nancy said...

You sound like you are always just a tornado of energy!

I love the boxes, don't even get me started on how much yarn I gave away and why oh why did I sell my food dehydrator?

I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

mermaid gallery said...

The boxes are wonderful and so Mexico....new nesting must be so much fun...work too...but it must be thrilling to see it all come together...you go girl!

Frankly Ronda said...

The boxes are really wonderful!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Thank you everyone for your comments on the boxes. They were definately fun to paint! LL