Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

man, I am feelin' gooooooooood.............

 Hola!
I just popped a bag of popcorn in the microwave. Why is that a bag of popcorn only pops about 3/4's of its kernels? Or could it just be my borrowed microwave, or maybe I need to check the power level or something. Bajajaja, out of curiosity, just went and did that, it was on 2. Anyway I ate the whole 3/4th's bagful and put the un popped corn out on the asador for the doves. Senor did not get a single bite because he is off playing bridge this afternoon. Thank goodness!

I feel like we have been cooped up in the bedroom with the fake mini split since we returned from Colorado. In all fairness, feeling that way has been my own sense of ease in thinking it too hot, or I am just still too tired from the trip, oh, I am so lazy and so I will just lay down on the bed and read a book. I am pretty sure Senor has felt the same way. Really, I have spent the last 3 weeks since returning from Colorado doing....nothing. Cooking has been a chore, we have eaten a bunch of stuff out of cans. Sweeping? absolutely not. Laundry? too big a job. Washing dishes, forget it.

So today I snapped completely. I mowed the lawn, I rearranged the fake kitchen, I pulled the big weeds at the bases of all the palms, I organized the laundry glasspondstudio shop room. Cookies followed me around, meowing each time I returned to the kitchen for a new plastic garbage bag and when I went near the bedroom door he howled to get inside so we could lay back down on the bed and read or snore the day away. He demanded I stop every half hour or so and stroke his back by grabbing my ankle and tugging as I walked by. As soon as he rolled over on his back and I gave him the once over I was off  leaving him in despair.

I did 2 loads of laundry I brought back dirty from Colorado, I went and visited my 90 year old neighbor who was taken by her loving family back to live in the states while we were gone and then quickly returned because she missed her Alamos home too much and really let them know about it. She kissed me and said I smelled like old garlic and what had I been cooking and I said nothing really. Really, nothing......

I walked around the corner to Pancho's little store for a Nestle's dark chocolate and almond ice cream bar, and ate it before I got around the corner and went back for another one. I changed the sheets on the twin beds in case someone comes to visit and I organized all the magazines, Sunset in this pile, Martha in that pile, Phoenix Home and Garden over there.
Then I threw away all the refrigerator food that should have been thrown out before we even went to Colorado.
Man, I am feelin' gooooood.
 I think Senor must have a little snap as well, but he would never admit to that I am sure. However he has been up on the roof this morning, spreading some permeable in the hot sun and checking on a few things here and there.

He and Humberto went and got that pile of ladrillos and Humberto is working on one of the walls now that will be on the casa side of the portal. I am seeing shape here, people...........

 I just sense a change, you know.
And that's all right. I am good with it. I feel like I drank a couple of pots of energy and I only get 1/2 a teaspoon of caffeinated coffee a day. Maybe it was the double dose of sugar in the ice cream, but this peculiarity began at dawn with the pull of the mower switch, long before my 1/2 teaspoon of taste luxury and that smooth chocolate. So, maybe I have been Rip van Winkle'd and just did not know it or maybe I needed a long rest. Or I have been sort of like the microwave, I just needed my power level checked.

Okay, I guess I made my blog point and oh, that is good, too. I must be back in the blog swing and man, I am feelin' gooood.
LOL and hasta la vista, baby! Linda Lou

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

After you eat the popped corn, those old maids that didn't pop can be soaked in water for about ten minutes and then re popped. A good deal of them will pop.

How about more pictures of the house? Are those bricks being laid up with lime mortar or Portland Cement?

I have a lot of questions, mostly construction related. It is probably not any of my business, but there is nothing so interesting as someone else's building project.

Robert Gill
Phoenix, Arizona

kattz*cottage said...

WOW!! Would you please send me some of that huge energy you have going on down there?!! I could sure use some with this 108 Texas heat. The casa is looking great....the wall looks so nice & I love that last picture with all the palm trees....muy bonita!! I sure do miss you :-) xoxo kax

Brenda Maas said...

Hi, glad you are getting back into the swing of things.
I keep forgetting to mention to you, not sure if you remember Teresa F. from the Casa de la Cultura there in Alamos a few years ago?? She met you when you helped out with the stuff for the Day of the Dead. I have been supposed to say HI to you from her and I keep forgetting. Not sure but think that Luisa was probably the director there at that time, probably. Anyway they are here in Guaymas for the last few years.
So now I can rest easy I have finally sent you her "saludos".
Que tenga un buen dia.

Anonymous said...

She's baaaaack ;-)

Love seeing the photos - the casa and yard are looking great.

Yennifer

mermaid gallery said...

I know that feeling.....ride it baby....ride it....

Brindy said...

You can't be superwoman all the time, sometimes you just need to chill :-)

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

hey Robert, that is 90% lime and 10% cement. I will post some construction photos on the next entry. Thanks for the popcorn info, I will try that and I did power up the microwave. After the next post let me know if you have particular questions so I can run them by Senor. I DO not want to get anything wrong! LL

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

hola girlie pie, this must be good because I still had the energy today, too and yes, I love those palm trees which I need to water right now!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Brenda, please teresita and luisa hey for me too. i miss them being here, they are terrific people!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

thanks yennifer! miss you, don't you wishw e could go to Breck and do it all over again???

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hi Miss mermaid Susan, you are so right, you know and true, Jacqui, you are so right as well, AND I am cutting back on my 'to do' list...more on that later! LL

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

hey Robert, that is 90% lime and 10% cement. I will post some construction photos on the next entry. Thanks for the popcorn info, I will try that and I did power up the microwave. After the next post let me know if you have particular questions so I can run them by Senor. I DO not want to get anything wrong! LL

KD said...

ahahahahahahahah this is great....i wish i had that down time and i wish we could have down-timed together!!!! I also wish more people would comment on my blog like they comment on yours. well actually, i wish someone, anyone, would comment just once bahahaha
http://www.holidayinnfriscosummitcounty.blogspot.com/
...just in case