Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Cereus Cacti





Hola!
It amazes me what a cactus can produce. The top three photos are of two different cereus cacti blooms. These are up in the mesquite tree.  Supposedly night blooming and for one night only, ours lasted two nights and bloomed through the daylight hours as well.
The last photo is an orange cereus and I could just never get a decent photo. I only saw it at the end of its bloom stage, after it had collapsed.

We have had some remarkable storms, most of them coming in front of tropical storms over the East Pacific. In fact right now we are getting a little chipichipi from Hurricane Lorraine which looks to be over the southern tip of Baja and heading north. Of course we don't want anything building up in the Sea of Cortez; that is how we got our big visit from Norbert, but we do want the rain.
I'll leave you with this mist over the mountains...............

5 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

I was wondering if you were getting any rain from that Lorena storm yet. Sunny and hot so far here. Hoping it doesn't decide to hop up the Sea of Cortez and clobber us; but it seems fairly small,(famous last words as I tempt fate lol).
Did you get my email the other day?
I messaged you on skype this morning about the rain; but you didn't get it I guess.
Stay dry!!

Anonymous said...

The most over the mountains shot is gorgeous!

Besitos,
Yennifer

Anonymous said...

I meant 'mist' of course ;-)

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Brenda, I have forgotten to ask Senor about the seeds, will do today. Lots of chipichipi late yesterday, but looks like it will rain soon. I did see the skype! LL

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Yennifer, yes, that is one of my favorite views, from the portal! Especially when it is windy and misty!! LL