Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Here's to the Red Cup



Hola!
Buen dia!
como esta ustedes?

See, I do speak Spanish.
It is on the cold side here this morning.
I can't seem to warm up even after a couple of decaf coffees.
It is our bedroom, it gets no sun in the winter.
Senor plans to put a fireplace in here but by the time
 he does that our bedroom will be in a different room.
So, if you come to visit you can stay in this room and you will be warmed by his fireplace.

So I want to tell you about the photo above.
That's me, of course, but you know that.
What you don't know is the story that goes with me.

Every Christmas I make Senor take me to Starbucks in Ciudad Obregon.
Do you remember that I used to work for Starbucks in the Seattle area?
Great company to work for, especially if you are in the Seattle area.
 I can say nothing bad about Starbucks.
Other than my flight attendant days I have never worked for such an outstanding company.

So, back to my story.
About two weeks ago we went to Starbucks so I could get my red cup.
Inside my red cup I always get a peppermint mocha.
On this trip I was told ........we don't have peppermint mocha, only in November do we have peppermint mocha.
I made him repeat that twice since I wasn't real sure I understood it the first time.
After all that was the reason we were in Obregon.

Home Depot and Walmart were secondary.
So, somewhat disappointed, I ordered a cranberry white mocha for 78 pesos
 and after a few sips I put it in the garbage.

Then I asked Senor for more pesos and I bought a short mocha.
It was not enough to brighten my oncoming holiday spirit,
so I asked him for another 52 pesos and he said...............no, you're done, we are outta here
and he truly pushed me out the front door.
Good grief.

The day before Christmas Eve we decided to return to Obregon.
Knowing Home Depot was the priority, and the red cup
was just an accessory item, I was still excited to go.

So, lucky me, first stop was Starbucks, just because it happens to be on the right side of the road 
before you get to Home Depot.

The same guy was at the counter and he actually knows me by name.
I asked for a decaf grande mocha and then, just out of curiosity, I asked if they had peppermint syrup.
and he said..............of course, we always have peppermint syrup.................what, i said, i was just here two weeks ago and you said you only have peppermint mochas in November............. 
and that is true..........he said..........we only have peppermint mochas in November, but we always have peppermint syrup........

And that is really the end of my story.
I drank my peppermint mocha and tried to finagle 78 more pesos out of Senor for a second one, but as I was explaining to him, good grief, they are only decaf, he was pushing me out of the door and telling me............no, you're done, we are outta here.
Talk about a broken record.
Can't a girl double up on her holiday spirit once in awhile?

And we were in Home Depot for two hours.
I am a very patient girl.

Here's to the Red Cup and a decaf grande add peppermint syrup mocha,
which in Mexico, is not a peppermint mocha unless you are in Starbucks during the month of November.
Feliz Navidad y Feliz Ano Nuevo 

9 comments:

norm said...

The essay is about coffee but a too cold bed came up as well:

I ran into something like this problem a few weeks ago. My father in law's house has a long heating run back to two bedrooms through a crawl space; the bedrooms are always cold. The father in law wanted to upgrade the fuse to a higher amp rating but alas the wire was not heavy enough for the upgrade. It was ether run a heavier wire or do something else. He was running two space heaters, rated at 1500 watts each, when they both kicked on at once the breaker would trip. I went to the store, looked over the heaters that act as bed warmers as something like a mattress cover, they pulled but 100 watts. One heater at 1500 watts and one cover at 100 watts was pulling a little over 10 amps on a 15 amp breaker. The one bedroom is still cold but the bed is toasty, you might want to invest in a heated bed cover. It goes under the sheets, except for the wire sticking out, you would never know it is there.

Nikki said...

Ok Linda, so you know what this means. A road trip to Obregon to get all the $78 peso mochas that we want sans husbands (and kids ;)). I hope you had a lovely Christmas and hope to see you real soon.
Hugs,
Nikki

Grace said...

Linda, you are too cute! So glad you got your peppermint mocha!

Ralph and Chris said...

Learning to ask the correct question is the key to getting what you want in Mexico, at least it was when we lived there years ago. Took me a while to learn that though. Glad you got your peppermint mocha!!

Trinidad Salamanca said...

Linda, now I want to try a peppermint mocha next Christmas in a red cup! Loved this post :)

Unknown said...

Nice Post. Thanks Admin
Glass works in Dubai

Anonymous said...

Time for another post.

Robert Gill
Phoenix, Arizona

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

well, hola, I really am trying to get back into the groove thing with this blog. I want to thank you all for your comments. Norm, I just don't know about that wire. What if I electrocute myself on it?
Thank you, Chand, Trinidad, Ralph and Chris and Nikki, and last but not least, Mr Gill, we must be clairvoyant. Mucas gracias all. Linda Lou

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.