Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Monday, July 9, 2018

And the Winner is....



Hola!!!
Buen dia!
We have had some good chipichipi days here in Alamos.
Those are days of little sprinkles with very little wind and no thunder or lightning.
So I did not count those as 'rain days'.
However, on July 3 we had a terrific storm with all the components:
Wind
Rain
Thunder
Lightning

There was a lot of electricity in the air
 and the person choosing the day and time that was closest to the beginning of the storm
 was P. Wells from Orange, Texas.
No one posted here through the blog with a day or time. 
Her choice was made online through Facebook.

Below is a photo of the wind chime she gets!!
It is a small umbrella with lots of rain drops!


Senor is working on the master bathroom today.
 The blue painters tape will be gone after the tiles are grouted.


Below you can see the copper sink and the pump Senor turned into the water faucet.



Working on the cupboards and drawers.
 A local woodworker is making them. 

Below Senor is staining the drawers for the bathroom.



This is my project.
 We made an aggregate patio and I have tiled parts of it.

Here's the tile below. 
It is all done, but I need to grout it and I am being lazy about this project.
It could be because it is so hot out and I just don't want to do it.
Maybe I will wait till fall.
 All the way back, right below the wall, is the little dipper pool. 
It is 6x4 feet, just big enough to put a raft in and float around a little.
It has seating inside so if you don't want to float and its super hot you can just sit down and cool off.
 It will be ready for next year's summer. 

So, that's the story of what's going on.
I know, I know, I don't write that often anymore and I don't even know if anyone still follows the blog.
People always ask........what in the heck do you do down there in Mexico?
Well, the answer is.....a lot.
I recently met someone visiting Alamos for the first time. 
She told me...........wow, it's so boring here.
I just stared at her.
There is nothing boring in my day.
 I am positive I have never been bored here.
In fact, I just need about 4 more hours in the day.
A 28 hour day would be just ideal for me, I might get everything done in that amount of time.

Okie Dokie.
Que le vaya bien.
Linda Lou

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is at least one who looks forward to blog updates...me! So keep them coming. I love to see the progress on the casa. Thanks
Larry in Sumner

Joan said...

Me too, I love that Casa!

Anonymous said...

I like the oversize tile in the shower. If there is one place that needs less grout lines, it is the shower. I've enjoyed your build, and your blog for years.

Anonymous said...

Another 'anonymous' reader here. I've been reading your (and many other Mexico ex-pat) blog for years. It's fascinating to be able to retire vicariously through the writing of others :-) And your house is looking fabulous. Great job to both of you!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Wow, I am pretty happy to hear that some folks do still read the blog! Thanks for all the kind comments! I will try to post more frequently now that I know you are still reading. Mil gracias! Linda Lou

Anne Hazen said...

so interested in knowing more about Alamos. It is my first pick for relocating from the states. Just curious - why so many homes for sale?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this post!! Everything looks GREAT. I think you have a lot more readers than you realize - we're all following the progress and now that there's so much inside stuff going on, it's especially interesting. Plus, I love your writing. Abrazos y besitos,
Yennifer

Barb Durham said...

Yes, people still read your blog. Please keep writing!

Joan said...

I, too, love to read your blog and see the progress on your beautiful casita. Please
keep posting.
Haven't been back to Alamos for years because of husband's bypass surgery. He
made a great recovery but now is unable to get his medical clearance
to fly his plane to visit there at the resort Hacienda de Los Santos.

Five years ago we flew to Mexico and rented a house in San Miguel de Allende for the month of April.
Best wishes,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Since you apparently no longer blog, how can I catch up/keep up with your 'adventures'?
Larry Clifton
Sumner, WA

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

I am really trying to get back to blogging. I know I say that a lot, but I am going to try. Larry Clifton, Glasspondstudipo has a Facebook page and I guess that is some of my distraction. I post to that a lot. It is just easier. I also poost a lot to my personal Facebook page, LInda Hughen Adams. If you do facebook I will gladly respond to your friend request. This is true for you, Joan, or anyone else above as well. Linda

Trish said...

I haven't visited your blog in a LONG time & now my jaw is dropping at how lovely your home & yard are now looking. The portal finished with that half circle extension...all just lovely. I'm so happy for you.