Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I am in a Hurry!!!

Hola! I know, I should have written sooner, but I have been so busy!

Here is a favorite little painting of mine. My mom painted this. Hi Mom!!!!!!!
Hills and hills, filled with bluebonnets. Now, I am showing you this because I have hung it in the laundry room so it can help add a little warmth and decor to the room.

Now, why would I want to do that?
Because Ian is coming tomorrow for a week. And he is going to have to sleep in the laundry room.

It is all good. He does not read the blog. If he did read it and saw his accommodations, he might decide to just stay home.
You can see it below. Of course, the nicest thing is the new ceiling. The second nicest is, he has a bed. What more does a twenty year old kid need than a roof and a bed.

During the last year I have had a few pangs of guilt, especially last year when Ian called one day to say he had to sleep in his car the previous night. He is very independent and I think, was actually proud to tell me that he could take care of himself, even if he was homeless.

Of course, the reason he was homeless was he decided to drop out of college in Colorado and had driven back to Washington state without really thinking about where he would be sleeping.

So, that is history and a darn good story for another day.

Now look below and you can see the bed in the laundry room, two twin beds stacked on top of each other, covered with a quilt my grandmother made.

The beautiful ceiling and new lights.


See how I have cleverly covered up some of Senor's wiring in the back. Since there is no door, I have cleverly put up sheets there as well.

Another nice touch, seashells on the little ledge above the bed.




Cute, huh? Do you think he will like it?
Well, I am in a hurry! I have to go!
Senor just returned from the mercado and he would like to read football! adios! Linda Lou

PS: Wednesday four hour bridge games are a hit!!! I love it!


6 comments:

kattz*cottage said...

Who could not love it - doesn't get any better than Mom's painting & Grandmother's quilt. Ian will love it. A very special room indeed. Maybe I can stay there some day too :-) Sounds like more home alone time for YOU on Wednesdays - yayyyyy!!

Chrissy y Keith said...

of course he will love it. All of you will have the best nights sleep in a long time. Having kids and parents together is the best. My girls are so used to me turning in early when they are here because they know how much I look forward to sleeping when my kids are safe and under our roof. Not that they are ever unsafe, they both have lovely homes in Juneau, but it's just a mommy thing I suppose.

Ian Huntington said...

Maybe Ian will like it so much that he'll want to stay on a while and help with the construction??? I would!

1st Mate said...

Nicely done. Looks like a comfortable and homey place for your son to nest.

My son says he wants to come down and I can't wait! But he has to get his passport first and it looks like it'll take weeks! Well, meanwhile I have time to get together a bed for him.

Brindy said...

It looks like a great place to crash.

We had staretd to play bridge last summer (need to find new people now we have moved) and 4 hours sure flies by!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Thanks all for your comments. You will see how we did in the next post! Yes, it's a mommy thing and Ian loved the room decor and even said he could live here!
today is a bridge day!!!