Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Friday, March 26, 2010

It is on the Horizon

Buen dia!

So the other night Senor asked me if our house was beginning to look more like a house. Look at these photos and I think you will understand my answer, which was yes.





In this photo, Umberto, is plastering all the outside walls. It is a white plaster and just makes our house look more like a house, don't you think?



Most of this was done while we were in the states, so not only was I happy to see the plaster, I was happy to see that some of the stuff laying all over the ground was moved to a different place where it could still lay on the ground, just not the ground where we have to walk to get inside the house.






While we were gone, he also filled in alot of this window in the master bedroom. We measured and discovered that the headboard of the bed will rise into the middle of the window. So he shortened the window for us.







Senor said to me on Tuesday..............do you think we really need hot water for the washing machine?
Well, I don't recall ever having a conversation about hot water for the washing machine. We have had plenty about hot water for the shower.
I said......................good grief, i don't know, why?................well, i just don't think my clothes are getting very clean in the cold water, he said.........................okay, i said, then we will want hot water for the washing machine.
And in the blink of an eye, I was displaced. I was asked to move all of my glass cutting stuff out of the laundry room because it was the day to put in the hot water heater.....................




If you look to the left of the center brick section, you will see the white contraption that is the heater's vent. That should give you an idea of the location of the heater.


Below in the garden room, you can see through to where the front door will be. But I do think it is all looking just a little more like a house..........................

Just a minute, the phone is ringing.
YAHOO! Senor has been invited to play bridge tomorrow. I did not even bother to ask him, I said yes for him. His regular team members have all been out of town and I have not had a Wednesday to myself in over a month. I am so excited!
As you know, Senor works hard and I am very happy when he takes a break. He just came in to get his new favorite book, Bridge for Dummies.
So, I have moved the glass sconces I am working on back into the kitchen........maybe I will show them to you manana........................

I will let you know when everything is connected to the propane tank so we can light the heater and have hot water to have clean clothes. I am sure it is on the horizon..................

3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

You are correct. It is starting to look like the house I have always imagined from the plans you have described.

marti and bernie said...

OH yes! It looks so nice I love the white plaster. Bernie and I were wondering if all young boys in Alamos know how to plaster!

Brindy said...

It's amazing how much difference a coat of plaster can make. I know how you feel when you finally see progress. I can tell how much progress we are making by how much our pile of sand and gravel goes down. Problem is,the 'builder's area' looks worse than ever this morning after taking delivery of 70 fence posts and 5 rolls of wire mesh fencing. Our next project is fencing an a large, no correction, HUGE area - 66 holes to dig, starting tomorrow - and a whole load more concrete to mix. I met a lady at Spanish class yesterday who told me they are still not finished on their house, but they've only been here 8 years. OMG!