Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Senor in Bed

Good morning!
Yesterday, bulls and cows were herded up the street. They all wear tingling bells and there are always lots of barking dogs, kids on bikes and men yelling. This happens several times a week and we can hear them when they are on their way up the street. Usually I have plenty of time to get outside the gate and take a good photo, but our gate was locked yesterday and I could not find my key in time.

It rained for 2 days and it was very nice. It settled some of the dust around town. Yesterday evening I walked up into chalaton barrio and the air smelled cool and crisp. For awhile I walked uphill alongside an old Mexican man, pushing his bike. He told me how bad his knees and legs were and he could no longer ride the bike up the hill. It's not the first time I have seen him on the hill. I pushed his bike for him for awhile and then, he had to stop and rest, and I turned around and headed back down the hill.
Later, at home, the sunset was beautiful and then, the full moon came up. I took the photo below through the plumeria tree, which reminds us of reindeer antlers. The plumeria leaves are just starting to poke out of the antlers.



There has been no activity here. It has been very quiet. Three days ago, Bill hurt his foot. We still do not know what happened, no signs of a cut or bite. But, it was very swollen and he could not walk on it for 3 days. I had to tell Umberto to go home each day and I was afraid he would have to find other work. We really like him and do not want to lose him. Bill was beside himself and unhappy and cranky, because the weather was perfect for working outside, overcast, cool, drizzlie. He laid in bed and read stories of the 'Old Duck Hunter's'.


But, hooray! Senor is up and moving, ever so slowly this morning. He is wearing one of my open toe sandals and a sock, and supervising while Umberto chips away at a wall.

So, this is good, hopefully he is on the upswing.

I especially like to see him up and moving because next Wednesday, we are going to Mexico for a vacation. We are driving to Mazatlan, which is six hours south, and meeting our daughter for a week. It is an early college graduation gift for her. I am very excited!!!! It will be our first trip to Mazatlan.


On another note, for those of you who read the beets post and like me, love beets, you have to try Joe's recipe (he posted it in the comments). I made it several days later and it is excellent!

I am still busy making glass tiles. Most of them are now in our flickr account as are most of our photos of this move to Mexico, construction photos and photos of Alamos as well. It is all under glasspondstudio.


So, the sun is out this morning, and I believe every bird in Alamos is in our yard, and the air is sweet with the smell of limon tree blossoms. I think this calls for a good walk to town, up Durango, down Chihuahua, on to Juarez, past the Chocolate House and to the Palacio to pay the water bill, which is $133 pesos. Today's exchange rate is 15 pesos to the dollar....very cheap water.




adios!

No comments: