Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Las Puertas

Hola! I do not have a sunset picture for you, but here is a pile of colorful new glass pendants.
I have a huge fascination with the doors and gates here in Alamos. Of course, the colonial architecture in Alamos is a large part of its charm. I think I have said it before, this is a very magical little place. And I would only imagine that other people who visit Alamos are, as I am, very intriqued by the doors and gates and what is both visible and hidden behind them.
When I walk through Alamos, I see so many different doors and gates. Some of them I can peek through and see what is behind. When doors are halfway open, it allows a quick glimpse into a courtyard of tropical flowers and lush green palms.
Others are very secretive, and my imagination roams wildly, because I may smell a cinnamony sweet flower coming from inside or hear a parrot squawking. It only makes me want to see more.


Sometimes, cascading flowers surround the doorway, or ornate lamplights will define iron embellishished doors.

Some gates and doors are very large and elaborate. Others are small and simple, but charming nonetheless.
















The wood and metal, the glass and the ladrillos and stone, the tiles or paint, whatever the material, the doors and gates create a sense of magic about what is behind. Each one has its own secret garden or secret room behind it.



















Often small patches of dirt right outside a door offer a little oasis of greenery leaving one to only wonder........................... how does that huge plant grow in that small area.............


while colors invite you to come in to see more.....................











Even the door below, which desperately needs someone to give it care has an unmistakable architectural beauty.




Adios, linda lou


























5 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Beautiful tile/glass work Linda Lou. I too am drawn to doors and gates. I have several of the same shots of Alamos Las Puertas as you do.

Steve Cotton said...

Doors and gates do invite. Thank you for sharing those of Alamos.

Steve Cotton said...

You inspired me to go out and shoot some gates in Melaque. For a later post.

kattz*cottage said...

Hey girl! Those are GORGEOUS Glass Pendants! So many pretty colors & so many pendants - you've been busy! Love the doors too!

Have a fun & safe trip to KD's graduation! Love you! Kax

Calypso said...

I appreciate a lovely opening - excellent report - gracias