Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Last Glass

Hola, these are the latest and last tiles turned pendants. I am closing the shower door on the kilns for awhile.
These are from my collection: Las Puertas de Santa Fe. They are all for sale on the website http://www.glasspondstudio.com/

It is amazing how many I have sold to people who read the blog, so if you are interested, you can see them there. Thank you.
I expect these to be the last I will make for awhile. Once we are closer to even constructing the bathroom and needing the tiles we will use there, I will make a few more and I will make the sconces for the wall.


BUT, I am soon going to begin painting the concrete beams that will hold the roof. I will keep you up to date on that. Acrylic or oil seems to be the question?

Tonight I plan to climb the ladder and get some photos of the roofless rooms from the top.

The weather forces us inside around 1pm, so things are slow going here.
We have not had any more rain so I'm not sure if the monsoon season actually started or not. Some people say it has while others still say...........no, not till June 24th. Okay.




























This morning I skipped the track and walked up to the mirador. What a hike, all uphill and over cobblestoned streets. I could not take my eyes off the road. From there, I can see all of the little roads I plan to ride and explore once I get a bicycle. There is a bike shop, Alexis's, in town, but a quick look inside showed me they only have guy bikes. He said he will find a girl bike for me and to return Saturday.
Manana, back to posting on the house. adios.