Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Meltdown

When I stepped outside the gate of our yard last night, this is what I saw. I love being able to see both sunrises and sunsets from our casa. Eventually this turned a brilliant pink.
There was no wind yesterday. There were no clouds in the sky.

But, there was no humidity........ I won't lie.................. it's hot, but it could be worse.
I sure hope the monsoon season has not already come and gone with the one big storm we had the other week..............June 24th, remember that date, that is when it is supposed to begin.


When I was out at the airport the other day, on my new old bike, I should have taken photos of the airport. I was so excited about my bike!
So yesterday, around 5:15am, I hopped on new old bike and first, I went to the track and walked around it five times and then, I rode back to the airport.
Alamos Airport is now an international airport.
The airport runway is 5,000 paved feet.

Below is the entrance to the airport.
The tower..............


the hangar...................



the front of the hangar....................notice in the tower photo you can see there is a fence that seperates the hangar and the runway from the.............HORSES.




and a very handsome young colt...............
I rode new old bike a few miles farther on down the road toward San Bernardo. I didn't make it to San Bernardo, I am not exactly sure how far it is, but the dirt road I traveled became busy with trucks, their beds filled with school kids in uniforms on the way to COBASH (High school).
I do think I went two or three miles beyond Rancho Palomar, a very popular hunting ranch and bed and breakfast. I eventually turned around in the dust and headed home.
I really never felt hot while riding. I was riding fairly fast, so the wind was nice, and there were a lot of morning people out, watering the dirt in front of their casas, cooling down the street, the dust and heat. The taco man on Hidalgo almost threw his bucket of water on me again, he didn't see me coming.
Once I pulled into the gate and stopped, the heat hit me. I went to look at the thermometer.
My candles had a meltdown while I was gone. Senor said he would not last much longer.
It was only 9:30am. That was a long bike ride.
I tried to revive myself with a very cold bottle of Starbucks Frappuccino that we buy in Navajoa at Ley or Sorianna.
But eventually I had a meltdown and really did nothing for the rest of the day. I laid in bed and read, studied my spanish books and tried to think up new creative art projects to do. I think I will make a papier mache cake cover. I rarely bake a cake, but it sounds like something to do and then, I will need a cake cover for it. I will let you know how that goes.



adios.





5 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Linda Lou -- I think you may mean terminal, rather than hangar. If it is the hangar, the airplanes must be rather tiny to fit through those doors. Enjoyed the post.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

The front of the hangar is for office or business, and other communications (where you see the portal and the horses). One photo shows some of the length of the building and where the aircraft would be kept. The large doors of the hangar, of course, open out toward the runway. There is no terminal. The Alamos airport does not receive commercial aircraft, only small aircraft, jets, private planes, etc.

1st Mate said...

I'm glad you didn't take off on that bike ride any later, you might have hit meltdown before you got home! I know, it's so hard to cool down once your body heat reaches a certain level. I usually shower, just letting the cold water beat on my head for a while.

Ian Huntington said...

Hi Linda Lou & Senor, Too

We'll I'm scheduled to arrive in Alamos on Monday. Guess I scheduled a great week for house hunting. Ha! Planned on bringing my new old bike ... maybe I should rethink? Maybe the weather will force me to slow down & take a siesta too. Oh well! I can think of a lot less pleasant things than afternoon siestas at La Puerta Roja. Can't wait! Look forward to seeing the improvements around town. So enjoy your posts.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Glenn, for some reason I have never been able to email you. I hope you have set aside an evening to come have a meal off our asadero. Since I can't email, I will walk down to la Puerta Roja (it is just one street over and down the hill) and tell them to give you my phone and address. Bring new old bike and we can go for a ride!