Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pulling Senor's Leg?

Hola!!
The western sky last night.And below, the eastern sky last night.

Some nights we are just a color palette. I hope you will not get bored looking at my pictures of the sky because I can just never take enough!
I have never lived where I could see such dramatic colors in both the east and west at the same time.
And you know, the mornings are often the same way, colors in both horizons, but I am usually at the track or now, on new old bike when that happens.

Speaking of 'you know what', LOOK! I went to Alexis's yesterday and bought a basket. He said he needed an hour to attach it, so I went to the mercado and bought some plastic flowers and when I got home, I decorated the basket!

And, by the way, the basket holds alot. Yesterday I basketed...........my camera, the plastic flowers, one topochico, four chicken quarters, two onions, one package of chorizo, three slices of chuleta, three avocados, a box of milk and a loaf of bread and a new umbrella. I still could have crammed more in there.

When I rode to the track this morning, I got some hoots from the guys at the Pemex. I am sure they were laughing at me. The women waiting there for the bus all pointed and smiled. One guy drove by in his truck and yelled, "right on! hang loose!". I guess that was a good thing.

The new sewer system is going in. I hear that the new treatment plant is somewhere out north of the La Aduana arroyo. Maybe I will ride out there and find it. It probably is not much to see........a sewage treatment plant, yahoo!.............. but it would be good to know where it is actually located. Alamos has had a sewer system for quite some time, this is just an updated project.
A few of the streets are being dug up and large new pvc pipes are being laid and connected. There is good and bad news about this..... good news? of course, updated services.
But I doubt they will replace the beautiful old cobblestoned streets with cobblestones.
The street below used to be a lovely cobblestoned street, very, very pretty. I think they will resurface it with the octagon shaped concrete pavers that are prevalent in many towns in Sonora. I wish it could be different. I wish they would replace the stones, but I don't think they will. Maybe if they laid the pipe down the side of the road? Then they could save half the road and half the stones?
No worries, they will do what they need to do and there are still many, many cobblestoned streets in town.






It is overcast here today. There is a steady breeze that is keeping the temperature down for now. By 1pm it could be pretty hot. Still there is no serious humidity, that will come any day, I am sure.
The gardener next door told our gardener (that would be either senor or myself, and in this case, it was senor) that the monsoon season has come and gone.............. he believes that we will have an extremely dry and hot summer...........jeez, we had what? one day of heavy rain and two with sprinkles.
I certainly hope he is pulling senor's leg..........
adios, linda lou!




4 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Oh, he must be kidding. We are getting a few showers here in Phoenix today. Our usual monsoon patterns come out of the southeast, but this is coming from the west. I love the new basket. Ride Proud!!!

Jan said...

I think the rains are still coming. I love your basket and I love the story of your mom and dad. How wonderful!

1st Mate said...

Your basket is very chic, it probably just cheered up all those folks.

The problem with cobblestone streets, quaint though they may be, is they are hell on 3-inch heels. And you know how Mexican ladies love their three-inch heels.

kattz*cottage said...

Girl that is THE CUTEST thing I've ever seen! How cool that you can ride to the store & bring home so much stuff in your flower basket. You know how little sisters like to copy their big sisters - now I gotta put a flower basket on my bike!

Love ya! Kax