Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 10 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Feeling Good

Buen Dia.

I am happy to report that I feel better. I start my Spanish class manana and am eager to get out of the casa, and to the mercado, to the post office, and to see someone other than Cookies or Senor or Umberto.

This is Wednesday and finally bridge has started up again, so I am home alone. It is a beautiful fall feeling day, a nice breeze, not too hot sun, parrot chattering in the distance, horse neighing across the street, rooster crowing in the old tequila factory. Just an all around nice day.

I don't think much work has been done around here while I was sick. Although Senor would probably be insulted to read that. Let me just say, I do not see that alot of work has been done. But there is, of course, alot that I do not see. Umberto took alot of days off, about six total, for parties and Senor continued working, doing one person things.

After going out just now, for a quick yard and casa tour, this is what I see that maybe you have not seen.

A roof is going up on the little house where the pump is. It is also where the propane tanks will go, you know, the sort of tank that helps to HEAT water.

You can see the pump inside, all lonely, wishing it had other things like a HOT WATER heater to keep it company.

Now on the exact opposite side of the house, cement has been poured and rebar constructed. This is where the adobe wall will start and it will eventually meet up with the coyote fence I am working on.

Before I got sick, I finished the coyote fence across the back.

And I started the one alongside the yard that will meet up with the adobe wall. We have a huge yard as you can see.

I also moved all of the glasspondstudio into the little room I now call the Ian Room. Everything is in there except the kilns, which are still in the bathroom. I am hoping it will keep me better organized until I can get the whole thing out into the stable one of these days.

Glass is all sorted and labeled which helps me make similar items of certain colors. I am currently making a set of six tiles for someone, in colors of lavendar and purple. Every piece of glass turns a different color after it is fired, so everything has to be color coded both before and after firing.

Don't let all those loose electrical wires and things bother you. They are all dead, or something like that, whatever Senor calls them.......or dead until he turns them on................. I thought about making a Christmas card showing all those wires and sending it to the King County Executive Offices next year and then I decided they would either not get the joke, or would try and figure out who sent it so they could fine that person for having all these wires exposed.

All this glass competes with the washing machine and the styrofoam for the roof, and some chairs we bought at a bazaar, but it all works.

I am happy to report that Cookies has a new friend. New old Jesus' cat has been hanging out here alot. Now, this is not something we encourage nor do we discourage it. We are certainly not feeding it and calling, kitty, kitty.

But I sense a little loneliness in Cookies. I know he misses batting Ashes' tail or swatting her in the head with his paw, and he misses laying down, right up against her and placing his paw over her neck.

When I was finishing up the back coyote fence I saw Cookies and new old Jesus' cat back in Jesus' yard. They were sitting side by side, doing nothing. Then Cookies got up and walked around a bit, and Jesus' cat followed. They twitched their tails in all the same places, sniffed in all the same places, scratched in all the same places and I thought....oh, no, a fight is coming.

But then, they sat down again, side by side, doing nothing. Cookies rolled over, Jesus' cat rolled over, Cookies yawned, Jesus' cat yawned. I was very surprised. Soon Cookies walked to the fence to get back in, but I had already closed it up with the very last varro blanco and was wondering if I should have left an opening.
Eventually both cats found their way into the yard, but when Jesus' cat saw me, he ran off.

I do not want another cat, but if Cookies wants to take care of Jesus' cat that is just find with me.
Maybe I will feel better leaving Cookies here and taking a trip somewhere. Cookies will have a friend to keep him company.

In the meantime, it is nice to be feeling good again. I think this is the first cold I have had while we have been here and I hope it is a long time before I get another. It is nice to do dishes, sweep the floor, cut some glass, water the plants, cook some food.

Last night, Senor is real nice to smell someone else cooking my dinner. Now if we broke that down grammatically, we would have to make some changes. Either that or he needs to start going down to the Dolisa RV Park, like I do, for hot showers. I laughed pretty hard, but I knew what he meant................

New old Jesus' white cat.................adios, linda lou


Toni McKeel said...

Linda: Cookies and Gato Blanco are doing cat ritual of "follow the leader" or "simon says"--glad he has a friend! Glad you are feeling better too. Happy New Year, Toni

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

TONI!!! Hola mi amiga! Are you finally going to that barn blogged???? I can't wait!!!!!

Jacqui said...

Glad to hear you are feeling so much better. Enjoy your spanish classes, I started a new class yesterday and I think I'm going to enjoy my Wednesday mornings again.

I love that Cookies has a new friend.

Ian Huntington said...

Linda: Sorry you felt sick over the holidays but glad you are better now. I've missed your blog as I've been traveling in Mexico the last three weeks. That little town looks interesting. Take care!

Anonymous said...

No pains, no gains..........................