Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Let the Rain Contest Begin!


Let the Rain Contest begin!
 
 This is a contest I have every year to give away a piece of beautiful glass from Glasspondstudio. This is the 5th year of the contest.
 
 I have chosen these earrings as the prize this year because the greens and blues remind me of the brilliant summer colors of the hill sides of Alamos, the blacks are representative of the stormy skies and heavy rain and the gold because our lightning is very dramatic, often with vivid streaks of both gold and silver.
 
To enter the contest you only need to let me know the day and the time, please include am or pm, that you think the rains will begin in Alamos, Sonora, Mexico. You can post it here or on Glasspondstudio's Facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/Glasspondstudio, or email me, or if I see you on the street, that's great, too. If your day and time win, by being closest to the actual rain day, you then only need to send me your address and the earrings will ship right out to you. 

The month of June is filled, like every month, with festivals in Mexico. San Juan Bautista, is the Patron Saint of Water. His name actually goes on the Mexico calendar, with a specific date. That day, every year, is June 24th. It is the official day that the rains begin. Of course, they seldom begin on that day, some years it is earlier and some years, later. I will let you decide and then the anticipation of the rains begins!! 
 
Please share this and encourage friends to guess as well. It is great fun to have a lot of participants from around the world! Que le vaya bien! Linda Lou

28 comments:

Tancho said...

Got another set I can buy for my wife?

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hey, Tancho, give me a date and time of day, and am or pm, put on your rain dancing shoes, and maybe you'll just win these. Or you can also go here https://www.etsy.com/shop/glasspondstudio?ref=em
and see what else there is.

JRinSC said...

Hi Linda Lou,

Make mine June 20th, 6:00 pm

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hey JR in SC, I have not heard from you in a long time. I have you down. I actually hope you are right on. I really want rain ASAP. LL

Christine said...

June 30 for me!

Ralph and Chris said...

June 22nd, 5:30 PM, my official 62nd birthday!

Brindy said...

Hi LL, can't believe it's rani day competition again. I think it will keep you waiting, 27th June at 4pm for me.

sparks_mex said...

While they've had a few good rains in the Guad/Chapala area, we still wait on the Jalisco coast. Might have to wait for the next storm coming up the coast.

I want rain tomorrow but will say the 19th (here not there) ;)

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hola! Thanks for joining in! Yes, Jacqui, it's time again and I have you down!

Ralph and Chris, got it!

Christine, you have to also pick a time and specify am or pm. I took the liberty of picking for you and picked the time you entered your post so you're in for 6-30,5:39pm.

Sparks, took some liberty with you as well and even though you said here (as in your place) and there (as in my place) I put you down for the 19th for 'ALAMOS' and used your blog post time as well which was 7:07am.

PS: Happy Birthday early Ralph and Chris!

Easy, easy stuff.
Weather update: very very breezy this morning!!!! 6/6/2013 LL

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Quit leaving Meet Asian Women info on my blog. Who the 5247 cares? I am serious, stop NOW!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Quit leaving Meet Asian Women info on my blog. Who the 5247 cares? I am serious, stop NOW!

Anonymous said...

I will go for 3 AM July 26th. And isn't it time for an update on the construction? I hope you get it all closed in before the rains.

Robert Gill
Phoenix, AZ

Unknown said...

Hi, this is my first time to your blog. I dream of moving to Mexico someday. What a cool contest to stumble upon. I will pick July 11 @ 2:00 PM . Let the rains begin. By the way your work is stunning. I hope I win. Thanks for such a fun venture. Lots of Love!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hola Mr. Gill, I have you down, an early morning storm would be nice. I am not sure about being prepared for the rain, (another issue), but yes, I'll do a construction update soon.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Welcome Lapis Mosi, I have your time down and buena suerte and gracias!!!! Now put on your rain dancing shoes! LL

Barb said...

I choose July 2 0417.
The earrings are SO gorgeous and would go beautifully with the pendant I got from you a couple of years ago!

Barb

Grace said...

June 25th at 5:00 pm.

Those are beautiful earrings!

I'll have my fingers crossed until then!

Grace (in Tucson)

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Barb! Hola and how are you! Are you in Kino or back north for the summer now? Good to hear from you. I have you down!!!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Grace, thanks for joining in. I have you down. Buena suerte! LL

robyn said...

Hola, Gonna say June 11 7:30pm

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Robyn, go ahead and guess again. Yesterday's chipichipi does not count.....bajajajajaaja. LL

Elena Valdés Chavarría said...

El 24 en la tarde (día de San Juan) –después de las 6pm.

Anonymous said...


23 en la noche, after sunset.
-Elena

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

okiedokie

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

okay, the contest is now over. I'll make a formal blog entry this afternoon on June 13! thanks to over 60 people who entered! thanks to those of you who entered via the blog!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

okay, I changed my mind.
Let's just have the contest a little longer. Read today's post and see what I mean.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

ita, I have you down for the second drawing!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

ita, I have you down for the second drawing!