Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Hola, que dice?

Blogger has changed a little since I last posted, WAY back when. I see there are things I used to get to do and can no longer do....no problem.

I have a story to tell.

 Oh, first, the house is almost completed. That will be the next post, I hope. I recently lost all my photos on this new old computer that I purchased from my daughter. MISERY.

 So I have been trying to rebuild my photos and figure out how to save them from being lost ever again. But I know you want to see the house.

First, the story.

I am still taking my walk, early in the mornings and three weeks ago I went out to the arches. These are huge double arches on the highway that mark the entrance into Alamos, you've seen them before in my posts. I would show you a photo, but I  don't have one.

On  my return trip, I started talking to an older hombre I know who pushes a peddle cart. This is a 4 wheel contraption that would hold drinks, or snacks, or garafons of water, or people. His was empty and as I was walking toward him, my shoe caught a divot in the highway and I took a nose dive. He came to help me up, he's so frail I pulled him over. He fell on top of me and was just fine. I had a few scrapes, but my biggest concern was the quick swelling of the palm of my left hand, and I could not open my fingers by the time I got home.

Once home, I told Senor it was hospital time, so off we went. I discovered that my visit was free, but only this visit, no others. So, we learned free care does not exist at the general hospital in Alamos. I believe our health care is supposed to be free to residents of Alamos, but I was not going to argue.

 The Doctor jabbed and pulled my palm and thumb, and of course, made me feel much worse, and had me in an emergency bed with an inflammatory IV and a pain medication that I later learned was ibuprofen.

The X ray machine was not working, so I was told that at the blood clinic down the street there was an X ray machine and I could go there and get a free X ray, which was not free after all, but I did get it.

By the time I got back to the hospital, the doctor I had seen was gone and I was told I would have to start the entire process over again, new sign in, new doctor, new  (free) X ray and since this was my second visit, well, of course I would have to pay.

I decided to go home and suffer for 2 days before asking Senor to drive me to the Emergency Room at the San Jose Hospital in Navojoa. AND let me tell you I did suffer. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this was awful. Remember when I fell off the curb and broke my foot? No pain comparison. I actually cried.

So the X ray at San Jose showed a fracture below my left thumb and as soon as the cast went on and it stabilized, the pain subsided.

I am not a happy camper at all.    

I had just received around 30 pounds of new sparkling glass and had a million projects running through my mind. Now I am just trying to get through each day without overusing my hand.

I can still take my walks in the morning. The San Jose doctor suggested I only walk in the daylight and that I take a cane. I conceded to the daylight business, but no way to the cane.

This morning it was 44 degrees when I left the house, in the daylight, at 6:10am, wearing my new hat. It took a year for it to arrive from China. I figure by now it should be virus free.

Okie dokie, some outdoor photo updates.

 I thought we were through building outside and one day I went out and this monstrous thing was going up, fast. You can see Senor is on the ladder and Rosario is to the left. Well, it is a combination garage and weaving space. Senor was gifted a couple of lovely 7 harness looms and he happens to be very knowledgeable regarding weaving and so I guess he will be using part of this space to learn to weave. Very cool, don't you think?


This is now the long line of bodegas in back. The ladrillos on the right are the left edge of the garage/ weaving space. The next bodega is firewood and paint, the next is Senor's tool shop and lastly and MOST important, is my shop.
See the photo below.
When I had my glass studio in the Pacific Northwest, it was a nice rustic little thing in the woods with 2 ponds right outside, very classy.
But now I have a SHOP.
It's awesome.
I don't have to sweep it everyday, well I have a broken hand, I can't sweep anyway.
But I don't have to worry about the looks of it.
My Gosh, it's a  *^#+*#* SHOP!
I LOVE IT





Gotta go feed the birds. If I don't get to them in time, they just walk right inside the sala.

Que le vaya bien!!!

Linda Lou

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your hand. We're all at the age where we probably shouldn't be walking around in the dark! Hope it will be better very soon.

Love seeing the photos. The shop is GREAT - lots of room for your projects.

xoxo,
Yennifer

Unknown said...

Yea, an update! I was beginning to wonder if you two were still around...glad you are! Can't wait to see updates on the house itself...the shop is wonderful! Can't believe I've been following you adventures for 13 years...time truly does fly...
Larry in Sumner, WA

Linda Lou and Senor, too said...

Ahhh, Steve, howdy. Nice to hear from you.


Yennifer!! Yep, lots of room, I'll have to take a photo of the other side where the kilns are. Lots of room.

Really, Larry, I can't believe it either, 13 years! You have followed our adventure, I know. I am going to try and get back on track with writing. Stay tuned.