Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

The Fountain, The Coin Fireplace and The Game Room

Buenos dias!!!! Como estas????

IT'S PHOTO TIME!!!

We have completed a couple of major things. I am only going to show you three for now,

I don't want to overwhelm you with all these speedy transitions.

THE FOUNTAIN

Senor was not too sure about the blue grout, but I overruled him.

It's like a jewel. I love it.

And it works, too.

I could've moved that electrical cord for the photo but I did not want you thinking we aren't working on something else.

THE MEXICAN COIN FIREPLACE

I have been collecting Mexican coins for years and now they are on the fireplace.

I think the oldest coin is 1914


THE GAME ROOM

Now, Senor thinks this is his room. The room where he and all his girl friends are going to get together for bridge games. In fact, almost every afternoon, they do get together, online and play. He sets up his computer here on the table and closes the doors. 

Of course, when he is playing, I am not allowed in there, NOT FOR ANY REASON.

He owed someone some money and they came to collect while he was in that room.

First, I knocked politely.

WHAT, he screamed at me, okay, I am going to change that to yelled at me, it sounds nicer.

I told him what I wanted......MONEY..........and I waited and I waited.

I went and told the person to return in two hours.

Senor takes his bridge very seriously.

I have made soldered fused glass lights for this room and once we get them up I will show you a photo of them. 

But the best thing is this room is the mobile.

 See it?

Senor made that for our daughter when she was a little baby and it hung in her nursery.

Now, it's in the Game Room, where I love to sit and read.



The room to the back is our old original bedroom, where we lived for most of these years, during construction, until moving to the new bedroom two years ago.

It needs some finishing decor touches and then I will show it to you.

Here is the mobile.


We are doing good.

 The weather has changed a little, last week we went to colder days and now this week we are back to hotter days.

I was finally able to change my top photo and it leads one to think it looks pretty festive around here.

 However we are not having any large organized fiestas. 

We have missed everything since Semana Santa, everything since Alamos went into lockdown and curfew last Spring. During lockdown one could not leave or enter town without a government issued pass. You could get a pass for a visit to a hospital or doctor and that was about it. There were no alcohol sales, no postal service, no restaurants or fondas were open. And at 10pm, when the loud siren, up at the Mirador went off, you'd better be in side your yard or house. It was hard, many people did not see their out of town families for almost seven months. The day the Tecate trucks rolled into town in October, people lined the streets and cheered.

We have now been open for about a month and it's a little scary. 

Tour buses are here, and that means tourists are everywhere.

People are free to come into town  now and some are good about following the rules they receive at the tent as they drive in, for example, handwashing, mask wearing and social distancing.

 Many restaurants remain closed, while more and more fondas  (food stands) seem to be opening.

Like many people I am heartbroken to not be with our kids and two little grandchildren for Thanksgiving. But I am eager for Thanksgiving because it is the day I might get this cast off.

I have just about hit the wall.

Okay, time to go.

Senor says he is playing bridge soon and I have piles of magazines on the bridge table.

BAD GIRL.

Que le vaya bien!!!

Linda Lou


 

12 comments:

Grace said...

I am so impressed with your beautiful home. You both have done an amazing job. I really love your glass artwork you have on display, too! Good job! Grace (in Tucson)

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hola, Grace! Thank you so much. We have worked pretty hard on the house. You are so close, you are welcome to visit any time. I have about 30 lbs of new glass so I was pretty upset over not getting to cut even one piece until this cast comes off. Hoping it will be the 26th!

Kirk said...

I have been reading your blog since the start and what you 2 have built is a beautiful house. What you have built from what you started with is very impressive, l think you are some the most hardworking people I know of.

kattz*cottage said...

Wow girl this is SO beautiful!!! I love your fountain! & the fireplace & game room are just amazing. So many years of hard work and I can’t wait for the day I can be there to see it all!!

Paul Pattee said...

Great to see a new post. We arrived in Mazatlan 13 years ago also. Your house looks fantastic, maybe worth the wait?

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Kirk, thank you for the comments. I am always so happy to hear from people who have followed us for all these years and do appreciate what we have been doing, much of it by hand. If you are ever here in Alamos, please make sure you visit us!!!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Girlie, can't wait till you get here, someday. We have been working hard. I think we are close to being through, but I also think there will always be something new to do or to repair. Senor says....oh, well....Your guest room is beautiful, but I have a problema..... curtains or no curtains, bajajajaja, I know you have to have the room dark in order to sleep, so is it curtains???????

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hey, Paul, sooooo great to hear from you. I am calculating. I think I am off a year. You guys got to Mazatlan a year before we came to Alamos. I know this because I learned so much from reading your blog before we left and at that time we were going to Olympia and to the consulate in Seattle and forming our corporation and your blog was so helpful. Now you two are in Ajijic. We have been there, it's such a beautiful place. Yes, the house has been worth the wait, many times over. Hope you'll visit one day and perhaps we will visit you as well.

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the progress!! Keep the photos coming...we want to see all of the changes.
Larry in Sumner

Jenny Adams said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I'm trying to visualize where all the rooms are compared to what we saw when we were there in 2009 and I get all turned around in my mind - although some people would say that's a permanent condition for me. :-)

LOVE seeing the photos! Hope you get your cast off ASAP.

Abrazos y besitos,
Yennifer

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Hi Larry, it's so nice that you have followed us for such a long time! Thank you. I will try soon to do some before and afters, even tho we aren't fully done with the afters!!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

Yennifer!!! If this cast does not come off on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, I'll go mad. I'll keep you posted.and will try and do some before and afters soon.