Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Noon at the Alameda

Hola! There are clouds over the top of Mt Alamos today. That means rain soon. We can only hope. I am watering the yard everyday now and once the rains come, I can stop.Let's go for a quick walk. We will hurry so we can get back before it gets to hot to be out walking.
I have a couple of errands to do and maybe we will get a treat or lunch.


First I need to go to the Post Office, Oficina de Correo. I have shown you this before, but the office has moved and is no longer in the busy, noisy Palacio. It is now on a quiet street off the church, next to the library.



Now we need to pay the phone bill, so we are going over to Polo's Restaurant. There are three places in town where one can pay Telmex, but I like Polo's, so we are going there. It, too, is right off the Church Plaza.

Now, most of our errands are done, not too bad. We are going to claim the spot below in the Alameda and have a snack.




Papaya, mango, watermelon, coconut, oranges, cucumbers and jicama, this is a fruit and vegetable 'mixto'.



Now we'll top that off with a limonada from La Delicia de Michoacan, across the street from the Alameda.










We will have lunch here as well, a slice of Sonoran pizza. This one is cheese, ham, bacon and chilis.
We'll go light on the ketchup and ketchup/mayonaise mixtures in the yellow and red bottles. You do not eat a slice of pizza without adding the condiments.






Now we need to go to one of the markets and get some chicken for Senor to put on the grill tonight. We are going to Bachoco, across from the Alameda.





























Chicken and other meats are presented for purchase in these tubs. The chicken we get is still partially frozen and should stay that way while we walk home.











Before we leave town, let's stop one more time at the Alameda and see what's going on at the noon hour.












5 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

well, there is a video included here of all the noon hour activity at the wonderful Alameda, but I can't seem to get it to play for me. anybody get to see it??? LL

Chrissy y Keith said...

I see the video just fine. Pretty busy Alameda for a Monday.

kattz*cottage said...

What a fun day & I loved going with you on your outing via blogland! Wish I'd been there "for real"! When TZ saw your pizza he headed to the cocina to snack....lol Neat video too!

Steve Cotton said...

Ketchup on pizza? That is one culinary delight I have not encountered in Mexico.

Ian Huntington said...

I enjoyed the video - what a pleasure after the horror of your last blog! I think I'll hire a lawyer to do my FM3. Thanks for letting us tag along on your morning errands. Limonada - que rico!