Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Monday, May 10, 2010

West Wing

Hola! Hola!
It is a warm sunny day here and rather quiet as Alamos celebrates Dia de Madre. There were quite a few loud parties Sunday night and now, on Monday, families trek to the Panteon where they will pay respect to deceased mothers and grandmothers and aunts and sisters. Graves will be swept and flowers and wreaths will be placed among lighted candles, very quiet and personal.

Later today, music and laughter and the smell of carne asada will fill the air as the fiestas celebrating this special day begin again in earnest.

I have my own little celebration going on today. I am celebrating the fact that I am finally over my ridiculous mini state of depression after losing the Hilton Garden Room.

Below you can see the destruction, the rubble, the mess. The lonely fan left to spin in the afternoon breeze. The wooden beams which are home to termites, the dead branches of the bouganvillia to the left of the portal columns. The edge of the tinnaco which was emptied and moved to the good roof. Above, the old wall which is adobe and possibly over one hundred years old, meets the ladrillo wall to the right.

Now, come with me and we will walk through the door straight ahead and turn right through another doorway. We are going to see the new room. It is the room which will eventually become the master bedroom, but for now, it will be where we spend our time in the evenings and it is where we will sit out the spectacular thunder and lightning and rain storms that will start in late June.





Somewhat bohemian, don't you think?
Welcome to the West Wing................adios! linda lou

4 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

RIP Hilton Garden Room. Taps playing in the background. Hat over heart. Hope senor gets you your new covered room soon. I am a couple weeks away from kitchen remodel completion. Pray for me that it happens soon. I am tired of living in this mess. I will post pictures when complete. Jan in Mississippi

mermaid gallery said...

one step at a time...that looks great to me!

kattz*cottage said...

The West Wing looks bright, colorful, & cheerful! You got to decorate!! I'm sure it will be a nice in-between stage - I Love all the RED!!!

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

jan, i am looking forward to pictures, hope it is over soon!
So true,Susan, one LITTLE step at a time!
Kaks, I need Eric or Ryan and Yeni to translate for me!