Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Big Cattle Drive

Hola.
I thought you might enjoy this afternoon's cattle drive. It may not look that big, eighteen cattle ,one a two week old calf, but it is on our street and that makes us special.

So, I had been told the cattle would be moved sometime this afternoon and while we watched the USA play Portugal, I kept listening for the bells and hooves. Well, they must have been watching the game, too and as soon as the five minute over time ended and I recovered from Portugal's tying goal, I looked down the street and saw Jose and Carlos' truck and knew they would move the cattle soon. They move them twice a year and I have shown you before, but this time I decided to take a movie of it.

Real quick I put the car inside the gate so it would not be in the video and I stood in the opening of the gate as they came up the street. As I was watching them it occurred to me that they could come inside the open gate, right where I was standing and so when you see the camera start shaking and jerking around a little you will know that I am starting to get a little nervous about my position. I was thinking how stupid am I......... especially when they did use to run right into the yard long before we put up the gate and then we would become part of the big cattle drive, running around like idiots trying to chase big horned bulls out of our yard.

Overall, you'll get the idea. Our street. Our claim to fame, 'The Big Cattle Drive'.

No comments: