Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 10 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Early Morning Rain

Buenos tardes.

For the past two evenings, we have had lots of dark clouds and tiny sprinkles here and there. The wind has been very still and then, suddenly a rainbow has come out. That was the first clue that we would not get a storm. One night we even had a double rainbow. It has been hot and quiet........ and the mosquitoes and gnats have come to town.
Well, that all changed with an early morning rain.
A strong cool wind began around 5:30am, right as the bells were ringing for 6am mass. Both bells were clanging hard and the wind brought their music right to the garden room where I was sitting with a cup of coffee.
Thunder, lightning and a real quick flooding of the Hilton garden room followed. It stormed for about three hours. The thermometer read eighty, but I had to put on a light jacket, the wind was so cold.
I wondered about the tiangus.
I wondered about mass.
Around 11:30am I walked to town because I needed more glue for my cake pan cover.
The sun was out by then and a cool breeze was blowing.
Town was a mad scene, people were everywhere. Every radio was on a different station. Two policias were directing traffic. The tiangus was filled with crowds. The fish lady had a line of about five people. A little water was running through the arroyo, but as I have shown you, the new walkways are up, so it's easy to get across. I bought some lettuce and cilantro and then, walked to the mercado. Inside, I found a different tienda selling a different brand of glue. Same amount for diez y ocho pesos. Hmmmmm..........
Back home I opened the jar of glue and it smelled like rotten eggs. I threw it out.
I am working hard on this cake pan cover. I do not want it to smell like rotten eggs.
I thought about asking Senor to drive me back to town so I could go in the other tienda and pay more money for good smelling glue, but he has figured out how to watch golf and soccer on the laptop, so he was busy.
I remembered my jeweler's glue, diluted it with warm water and finished the handle on the cake pan cover.
While I was waiting for it to dry so I can paint it, I noticed Ashes making a mad sprint up the tree beside the asadero. When she got to the top whatever was up there must have scared her. She practically lept off the tree.

This little guy was to be her reward, but she didn't make it.........
The sky is full of small orange and yellow butterflies. Thousands of them are flying east to west, going somewhere important. They are in a hurry and refuse to be photographed.
Senor is going to drive us downtown to Super Tito's.
The grandchildren of some friends will be coming over tomorrow night. They were here last week and we played Badmitton, Monopoly, Sorry, Dodge Ball and Bocce Ball. We climbed the plumeria trees. We took a walk. We took pictures and developed them in the printer.
I'm sure we will do those things again tomorrow night. We only need Rosarita hot dogs, buns and chips and peach smoothies to make the visit complete.
As much as I love rain and storms, hopefully today's early morning rain will bring a rainbow tomorrow night, maybe even two.


Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Linda Lou!Just discovered your blog and have loved reading about your new adventure and new home. Sure wished we had some of that rain over here. Our grass is a crispy curnchy brown. We're still praying for some rain...have not had any for the past month.
Please come and visit when you get a chance. I will be back to visit again.

Hugs :)


Jan said...

We had a lot of wind and dark skies in San Carlos too. It was definitely a strange weather event. I haven't seen a rainbow yet. I love doubles!