Good2go2Mexico

Senor and Linda Lou have been in Pueblo Alamos, Sonora, Mexico for 13 years.
Every day brings a new discovery.
They are still working on the casa............Senor says, it won't be long.........but Linda Lou says, it won't be long until what..............stay tuned to find out what's next.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Golden Glow Light

Hola!
We had some beautiful light the other night.
We also had a huge windstorm and thought we would get rain, but didn't. The light was a very pretty yellow. It was just like the golden glow of a fall day.
The hillsides are rolling green carpets.



Senor has been out alot lately with the camera and caught the cats in the following situation.
Ashes had a friend over for a play day........................

















Soon, she got bored and fell asleep......................











And, while she was sleeping, Cookies snuck up and took her friend........................
They played for awhile ...................
Eventually, Cookies went to sleep also, and the lizard ran away, so if you are a lizard lover.....no worries, he is safe and sound somewhere, hiding out, hoping to skip the next play date.




Well, we have the fence posts and the barro blanco, finally. Here you can see the posts are on the ground. Our stable is in the background. Umberto has been given the job of digging the post holes. I am so glad Senor wasn't thinking I could do that. But, I will be making the fence.

The first portion of the fence will begin where the screened gate is below and will go north-south.
To the right of the little screen gate there is an old adobe wall, which we will keep.
The fence will travel all the way to the edge of the property line between us and the little house you see in the second photo below.
A little old senor lives in that little casa. During the daytime, he stays in his sister's house, which is also on the property and in the early evenings, around 5pm, he comes to his casa, where he has a tv.
He watches telenovas for hours and hours. If I walk back there I can hear the television and I can also see his outdoor toilet........once, he was on his toilet, which is actually a real toilet, over a hole in the ground. I do not think he saw me, but I don't plan to see him there again. So, we are starting back here with the fence.




















Someone is building a new casa right behind his casa. But he will not be boxed in. He will be able to get to his sister's casa and from there, out to the street.
A few times Senor has been driving past the sister's house and the old senor will be standing on the street. The cranky old senor yells at the sweet younger Senor.......................ALTO!!
He wants Senor to give him a ride to town and Senor does. When the old senor gets out of the truck, he slams the door and walks off.

Soon the weeds between the little senor's casa and his sister's casa will be over his head. Last year he got very mad about that and once I saw him beating the weeds with a stick and could hear him yelling at his sister.
The sister's son came with a weed eater and cut a pathway for him between the two casas.
Sometimes, he will yell at us to bring him water. If we don't respond, he yells at his sister to bring water.












This morning was very overcast and cool, a good day for me to have a project.
I began taking the old yellow paint off the fireplace stones. Underneath the old yellow paint, I found old turquoise, old red, old orange and old light blue paint.
























Most of the homes in Alamos are white on the outside. Inside is where you can find all kinds of color. We can tell that the old section of our casa (maybe 100 years old), went through quite a color scheme.
There is turquoise paint on some of the walls, a bright pink on others, a section where a wall was orange and alot of yellow. So, over the years someone certainly had the insides of this casa looking very bright and cheery.
In the photo below, you can see some of the turquoise on the front of the fireplace.
We have decided we like the colors of the stone and will be keeping it the way it is.











It has been kind of a lazy day since the unveiling of the stone. I painted my cake pan cover white. So, I am preparing to paint it now in a talavera style. Even if this does not look good when I am done, I promise I will show it to you. I will even tell you how I did it.....just in case you want to make one. You just never know when you might need a cake pan cover...................















7 comments:

Nancy said...

Linda, I love reading your posts, I always learn something about your neighborhood, your house, and you. I love the fireplace, I agree leaving it is the way to go and I also can't wait to see your cake pan cover!

Brindy said...

Love the photos of your cats with the lizard, how good of them not to hurt it. Totally agree, leave your fireplace as it is - it looks lovely.

panoptica said...

Linda I loove you photos, and your cats are hilarious... My cats had a play date with a bird once, but sadly he didn't make it... No more play dates since then..

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Linda, love the fireplace and the rocks look great as is. Can't wait to see your cake cover when finished. I have a metal one that I have been planning to paint but just don't know where to start yet. I will post mine as soon as finished.
Love your kitty cats. I just acquired one or should I say she decided to keep us. lol

Hugs :)

Irma

kattz*cottage said...

The cats are so cute with their new toy, the golden sky is beautiful, & I love the fireplace - what a cool find underneath the paint.....I love the colors! SOME day I will see it in person! Can't wait to see the cake cover too!

Kax

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

thank you everyone for your comments on the fireplace. We are definitely keeping it the way it is! Cake pan cover is almost done and it's too hot for the cats to invite playmates over! adios!!! linda lou

Jan said...

I love your writing and I love your cats! I just discovered your beautiful jewelry too. Wow.